My new ride, Fraelsi

My new ride, Fraelsi
Fraelsi means Freedom in Farose

Friday, October 19, 2012

That old house I live in

We are finally getting rains and I sit in my attic and grin, listening to the sound of rain on my metal roof, and think back to bailing water out of plastic bins, of coming home to my bed soaked and of running a dehumidifier all the time to try and dry out this old house.
I finally pulled out the old window in the north bathroom wall and Jake helped me put in a new double paned one and now the bathroom is not the coldest room in the house.  I will be busy with finishing up that job and putting the house back into better order but I love the new window and it has an insulated window quilt to help shut out the cold even more.
This old house still needs a lot more work and money put into it but I will be tucked in warm and dry tis winter, window quilts so that the cold glass doesn't cool down my warmed air, a very energy efficient window to replace my worst window, a job that pays me enough I can afford to heat this old house, a winter to budget and plan and dream the future progress.
And if the overtime continues, less debt load and maybe even sheet rock on the ceiling and walls in the attic space.
And I won the raffle quilt from New Salem this year, it warms me too

No comments: