My new ride, Fraelsi

My new ride, Fraelsi
Fraelsi means Freedom in Farose

Monday, May 21, 2012

4 day weekends

I ended up with 8 paid vacation days to use before the 1st of June so took a 4 day weekend to enjoy some camping time with Larry and catch up on some things here at home. We had a good time and good weather, did the festival at Clayville, went to New Salem, and came back Sunday. Then today I dealt with some paperwork, finished the socks for Sharon, got the mowing done, pulled a few weeds, and did some time with my feet up. It's dryer this year than last so I am watering the new roses, the ones I moved and the grass seed that the birds missed. The garden space is growing weeds and grass, I keep pulling weeds and watering so hope the grass seed that I scattered and the birds missed will root well and grow, spread and I manage to control the weeds and with mowing, keep them from going to seed. Now I'm watching tv up in the attic, something I have not been able to do for weeks, it is warm up here but I will not turn the central air down and freeze downstairs to cool off the upstairs. I do have the windows open up here for now and it has cooled off outside so the ceiling fan should pull some cooler air in from the dormer window. I also have 1 of the north windows open. Tomorrow I need to deal with the colon test stuff, it is part of our preventive care and is paid for so now I am getting the appointment set up. And starting a pair of Jake socks, will also cast on a pair in a cotton blend for pal Julie, have a market bag in process, since I bought a lot of crochet thread at a yard sale, friends who needed the funds, I now have to find a way to use the stuff or a way to gift it and have it gone. So, crocheting and knitting market bags will help use it up...or so I think right now.

No comments: