My new ride, Fraelsi

My new ride, Fraelsi
Fraelsi means Freedom in Farose

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

October's almost gone, time is getting away from me.

     But I did have a great summer, and an awesome time at Michigan Fiber Festival, 4 days of camping, 3 days of classes, time with people who share some of my interests and understand that knitting and yarns and all the other stuff.  And I went alone, which made the whole time even better.
     I did ride this summer, but admit most of the long rides were on the bigger GTS, but the LXV was my 'to work' and local errands transportation, even on damp days.  And that scooter is almost paid for.  I don't regret buying that Vespa for my 60'th birthday, and I sure don't have any regrets about buying the GTS either.
     The scooter rally this fall in St. Louis was really fun, once again I played hard all over St. Louis and the GTS was great to have on the faster roads.  And I won the rally raffle prize so now also own a China Blue 1978 Vespa P 125x, which runs and I love.  I was absolutely amazed, shocked and thrilled.  And she's now wintering in my living room.
  She needs some things, like the side kickstand replaced with a proper center stand, the kick start lever bent back out some, leaning to the left means kick staring pushes that lever into the scoot instead of straight down.  The tail light needs changed out, the current 1 came from a Harley and it's mounted upside down, which means there is No light on the plate, which means it's in violation of laws in this state.  I also want a back rack so I can pack something.  There is no storage space under that seat. but it does have separate gas and oil tanks, and it's a 2 cycle engine.
     I like the job change I made last March, it works well for me and I'm happier and hurt less.  A change of area supervisors has been a nice improvement in my little work world too.  So, since I need to work, it's nice to like going to work once again, after a couple years of not being happy to go to work and to deal with who I had to work with and our not very good supervisor, this is such a huge improvement in my work days.
     And I still love living alone, Shadow still annoys me but I keep taking care of him and keeping him fed and watered.  Ben's still working at the truck wash and has a gal pal who has moved in with him. . . .  I don't actually dislike her, but I don't feel she has much brains or willingness to be self responsible and despite being 42, and 2 sons, 1 adult and 1 in his last year of high school, she's not been employed for years.  But she is putting in job applications.
     I've decided I am 'rocking that single senior woman life' and it's working very well for me.  My finances are stable, my credit rating is very good, my debt load is going down and I am happy most of the time.  I like me, and I am standing up for myself, when I need to. 
     We are seeing some overtime, my budget loves that and I don't mind working Saturdays.  But we are supposed to  be off this coming Saturday and I have hopes of going up to Bloomington and attending an estate auction.
   

No comments: