My new ride, Fraelsi

My new ride, Fraelsi
Fraelsi means Freedom in Farose

Sunday, April 04, 2021

About that rally week and vacation

  Weather was great, and I love the Airbnb where I stay... but the first ride of the rally, on a borrowed scooter with way too much air pressure in the front tire for my weight and the downhill steep curves ended abruptly with me in an ambulance to the nearest hospital and the scooter with minor scratches. I ended up with major splintering of my fibula and a long, painful recovery. 

 I am on vacation this coming week but spent over 4 months off work healing up.  And I will never walk the same again.  But, yes, I will still be riding, and yes, I will check tire pressure far more often. I tend to ride with my front tire just slightly below recommended tire pressure as it’s about weights of riders/load also and I just am not up to ‘average’ weight of riders on those models of scooters I own. 

And the Huge vacation project is all the electrical work and then plumbing work for a tankless water heater, and I am well started with the job, and yes, son Ben is helping as he has time. I absolutely would NOT have gotten that 6 gauge wire pulled from under house through the conduit and into the new shut off box without him and his help and strength.  This upgrade on my hot water system will save me a lot of $$ as my current hot water tank costs me a lot to keep reheating the same water and is a huge lime factory. I will need to set up my plumbing so that new tankless water heater can be flushed with vinegar easily but that is in the planning and well worth the cost of the parts.

I need to also work on my scooters, and yes I will still be riding. It was not my skill that was the problem, it was science and that includes gravity.  Far more carefully and a lot longer rides time wise to go the same distance, but I also now have a budget friendly recumbent exercise bike that I am putting time on every day to help with my legs and knees, especially that damaged knee/leg.

No comments: