My new ride, Fraelsi

My new ride, Fraelsi
Fraelsi means Freedom in Farose

Thursday, April 08, 2021

Rantings from an old woman in an old house in an old town

    I know this is a small, old town and that this small house was built in 1900, and that electrical wiring and plumbing were not installed when it was built, it also didn’t have living space above the ground floor or any sort of basement area. 

But it’s my house and has been for over 16 years now and it’s my life and my money and what I want that rules here, within the laws of city, state and nation.  And I get to set a lot of the priorities for whatever reason suits me when it comes to repairs and improvements.  After all, I do pay for them and live with or without them, depending on the case. 

And I actually use my brains and do that stuff called research to help me make decisions I am happy with long term, I don’t have a penis, don’t need a penis and believe having 1 doesn’t make a person smarter or more able to make the decisions here about those upgrades.

Yes, I absolutely did already buy that tankless water heater and that size and yes, I do know how much More hot water it will produce than I need, on a very hot day in the middle of summer.  I also know how much hot water per minute I can expect during a bitter cold winter night in this same house and that’s probably when I will be so glad I chose this water heater and not a lesser one. It’s for those comfortable and as long as I want them showers or baths in the middle of a bitter winter night that I planned for.  Because research tells me that’s where you want to do your decisions on for those tankless heaters. Not a hot summer day.

And yes, I do know those solar panels will not provide enough electrical power for that water heater- at the time and moment I am bloody using it the most... ya, night, sun, I got that.. but during the day, even winter days, those panels will produce power, probably more power than the house is using some days... oh, ya, I do work days and live alone and set the air conditioning at 78 and have been constantly working to make this old house more energy efficient...

Yes, it will cost me $$$ to upgrade what I have to upgrade for power, got a new list and have already started buying the parts, and yes, had a talk with the solar company last night, about that meter and the not adequate power line coming to my house, which IS the property of the utility company and yes, I do believe it’s their job and their Cost to replace that line to meet the needs (and wants) of the owner/resident of this house.  Suck it up, guys, the panels will be installed after Fathers Day and I will be having that tankless water heater too, it’s going in this week while I am on vacation, even IF I cannot use it yet.  Yes, I am just fine with upgrading to 320 service here, gee, it’s actually 2021 even in small town Illinois.

And I also upgraded my internet router recently, no, the 1 I had was just fine, but it’s over 6.5 years old and cable routers have had a lot of improvements since I bought that 1, and my son can inherit it, it’s in the box the new 1 came in and can wait here for him to have a need for it. It’s not fruit, it won’t spoil.  And yes it is my $$ and I am the person who earns it.  

But I am not unhappy with everyone male, just the ones who yesterday made bumps in my little road of life, including Kevin, employed at Lowe’s who didn’t respond to customer needs help in your area for 45 minutes....seems he did look and notice that old woman in long skirt but he didn’t THINK he saw a customer...  who had him measure out and cut 38 feet of 1/0 copper electrical wire that will be needed for the upcoming job, 4/0 is code, 2/0 is what the annoyed utility technician who has to do the line replacing job is demanding and since it was out of stock I bought a grade higher and better...now as the price for it will be higher in 2 months when it’s actually needed.

And my Liberty scooter tire is off, in the car and MotoEuropa is expecting me with tire and a box of Diana’s Bakery goodies today... and yes, overnight stay in the city to play and yes, this is my vacation time.  But a bank errand first, they don’t open until 9, and a stop to drop off some paperwork before leaving town.  

And yes, I do still own 3 Piaggio scooters and no, even after that accident this past September I am Not selling any of them and yes, I will still be riding...but not down to the city this week. It’s still too cool and the weather too UN dependable this time of year, it’s still early April.

And my orthopedic team are Very Pleased with how well leg and I are doing, and after x-rays and carefully examined screw in those X-rays, my concerns about screw working out and migration issues has been laid to rest. Yes, that screw has to be removed but not right now, we all can safely leave it alone until it’s pushing up against the skin, it’s got at least 30mm/3cm of shaft to work out before it can migrate and it will be pushing against the skin before it’s crawled out even 1/2 that distance.  I had not actually looked at the total length of that trying to escape screw and though it was far shorter.  

No comments: