My new ride, Fraelsi

My new ride, Fraelsi
Fraelsi means Freedom in Farose

Sunday, January 07, 2024

Time Passes Too fast

      And I don''t find time to blog, or check posts at Modern Vespa but today I  really need to write/verbalize my thoughts and what's going on in my life.

     Work has given me carpal tunnel in both hands, I will have surgery, it did get postponed once already.  My prognosis is minimum-moderate recovery, oh, that's months ago and yes, work has made the problems worse.  And I get to add in a work injury that got me a permanently damaged right little finger, 9 stitches, 3 pathogens and a fungal infection, and yes, all that stitches and bugs was the local emergency room.

     I did't ride much this summer because of the hand problems and this fall I didn't get the bikes in for winter storage or even batteries out.  Blame the hands, the work accident, the 4 days/3 nights in the hospital fighting the infection problems.  But it adds to me feeling like I have failed once again.

     But I am now back on 2nd shift, life patterns work far better for me when I work 2nd shift,  I have a very good team of doctors, so the infections are almost cleared up and I know I have a top surgeon for my carpal tunnel surgeries and they will now be done in Springfield Clinic outpatient where I will not be in any risk of getting any infections or pathogens to go with the carpal tunnel repairs.

     I spent too much $$ on dolls and doll stuff, but it's my $$ and my life and I am sewing dolls clothes and being ok with my rather solitary, single life.

     I did't think about the floors and how much heat those darn vent tubes gave off, but am now room by room electric heat, and no more gas.  And I will insulate those floor, but this winter My feet will not be very happy downstairs.  I am making progress on some things, it's not a perfect life but it's a work in progress, and that's all we get, trying to do right, trying to do better and trying to make life work.

     And I did a crazy thing that might be a waste of $60 or might get me some discounted, probably factory reject American girl dolls from a overseas company that buys pallets of 'imperfect' made for American brands goods.  So, I might get the dolls and have to do some work to fix/repair/or buy wigs, storage boxes, or I might ge scammed.  But I did call my credit card company and they are replacing the card.  And I have over 30 days to file a claim if my 'goods' don't show up.

     And I am now finally getting to where I actually use my $$ MacBook Air,  I finally decided my huge problems with it were the blasted trackpad and I just needed to get a mouse.  After spending all the $ on it and it sitting for the past year, or longer, ya, I just needed to get a silly mouse.

     We are having a mild winter so far this year, and I hope it stays that way.

No comments: