My new ride, Fraelsi

My new ride, Fraelsi
Fraelsi means Freedom in Farose

Monday, September 05, 2011

fed up with working on the attic project


I need to get some help and put down the last of the sub floor, but I am taking a break before making any phone calls for help, I am just really tired of this attic project, it's been on going since mid June, contractor has delayed and delayed, started job and then left it for 2+ weeks. Now it's September and still not done, it's getting cool nights and I still don't have that area insulated even.
Ben's not been good help, some hired help was a joke, a rather expensive joke, Dean from work is good help but I know he had plans for this weekend so won't call. Otto will come help and together we will manage the center section on the south end. It will be the hard spot now, and first piece is lined up and will take 2 people to get it to lock up the tongue on this sheet with the groove on the one it has to go into.
But I have almost every thing into storage that needs to go, and have most of the clean up done and we have close to 3/4 of the sub floor down.
It's a different Labor Day than last year, that was recovering from my accident and dealing with ending a relationship before it cost me far more $$ than it already had.
And 2 years ago, it was single and battling weeds in the garden, and trying to get the budget tighter to get through the winter and come out with less debt load.
I'm ok with most of where my life is at this year, this time but this new roof/attic conversion has really gotten to be stressing, and most of that stress is a contractor.
I will survive, the house will get a metal roof, I will get my attic studio area and the debt load has shrunk some in the past year.
I have made a lot of recovery from that auto accident, have moved on with my life, not dating any lying, debt ridden men now, and not dating any who play head games.
I still have a garden full of weeds, and a yard and flower beds that burnt up this summer with all our heat and my neglect.
I will always have a small old house that needs work but I am ok with that most of the time, and now it's time to get back to work on that damn attic job.

No comments: