My new ride, Fraelsi

My new ride, Fraelsi
Fraelsi means Freedom in Farose

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Old House progress

the carpenter is making good progress on getting the west side of the house ready for the metal roofing, rain is now slowing down work but he's here when he can be on the roof. And Ben helped me with the start of framing in a small short closet/hanging area in the south west part of the attic. I still have the support to put in the south east side, that area will be a 2 'x14' doll display area once done. And I have a couple more studs to put in along the west wall, will get them done this week and also hope to start insulating and closing up the west eaves, once the carpenter gives me the 'go ahead'. The dormer will be built as 'shed' or lifted roof, 1 clean line that will have no seams to later leak. It will give me a lot of east light with the new window, enough headroom for the spiral stairs and will look nice and not tacked on. I want the house to end up with a lot of nice curb appeal and be comfortable to live in, and work for me, meet my needs and be easy to care for, and low maintenance over time. I have not been able to 'see' the sewing/work space yet but will as I get more work done and get the tools and supplies out of that area. It will take months to get all the work done and I don't know how much of my deposit with the contractor will be returned or when, I expect to be in small claims court in mid-November. Those funds will go into the work here once I get them but am not counting on spending the money until I have it in hand. It's not a perfect life and I will always have pain and problems with my foot from that accident, and I will be dealing with the emotional issues probably that long. But I'm not having the amount of depression I was 6 months ago.

No comments: