My new ride, Fraelsi

My new ride, Fraelsi
Fraelsi means Freedom in Farose

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Miserable foot..

I know I am whining, but this blasted foot does not want to quit hurting, and I know getting the staples out will help and that happens 7/6. Today is 7/1 so that is closer than I was 3 days ago. I know this surgery will help some and that the pain will lessen once the staples are out..after the foot gets over that 'project'.
Jake called from Darwin Australia the other night, just had a minute or 2 but he's fine, happy and has t-shirt and coffee cup for mom, Mom asked for post card mailed from there that she can rub in his older brothers faces. He's going places they only dream of seeing, he has steady paycheck and the other 2 don't even do much job hunting as far as Mom can see...that might explain why I keep knitting socks and sending boxes to that son and don't do much for the other 2...got to earn those 'mom perks' once you get old enough to work...
I do have some doll things cut out today and will work on them in a bit, doing some of that 'down with foot up' stuff that does help lessen the pain and the swelling.
Later I need to go talk with the union chief about a few things, go to Wal-Mart and get more wrap so I can re-dress the foot..and I need a shower so that means bagging the foot so it stays dry.
But I am able to shower far easier than with the cast and the cast was on 5 or 6 weeks, and I survived that pain and the walker and know I am walking, not even using the cane most of the time, I am running my sewing machine, working in my garden some so I have made progress.
It's been a long, long recovery but I have gained some each week.
I know that I won't ever be back to where I was before this accident. That fact took me a long time to accept but I have walked through that rough patch and have it behind me. And I am looking at what I can do, what I can build for my life 'post accident' and know I can make a good and content life and I can do it 'on my own'.
But I also know that beyond doubt, all the best 'cards' are in my hand when it comes to car accidents, no medically documented prior medical issues to complicate what is prior problems/damage and what is NOW, no weather issues to be partially to blame, and the clearly at fault driver had very good insurance, as did I. And we both had valid license, I was slowing down to try and avoid/lessen the accident.
So, money-wise, I will have a large settlement and I am already working on investment ideas/plans and I am going to be mean, nasty and hard about this settlement. It has to provide for my life, and for a long life and for any up-coming medical issues that show up down the line.
And I know that before this surgery I didn't have very many days in a row that were this painful. Well, I did but had moved beyond that place, so it stinks to go back to spending so much time down with my foot up.
I know most of me is ready to go and do things, the right foot might never be ready for that, and there are things the right foot will Never be able to do..but I am very fortunate and count my blessings every day..just whining about the hurting that gets really vicious and mean the past few days.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Maggie:) just dropping by to catch up. WOW saw the picture of your truck a couple of days ago. OUCH! for you too!! I know another surgery is in a few days and will be thinking of you and sending up prayers that all goes well:) Thank you so much for all your support and prayers also

big big hugs
Sherrie Jo