My new ride, Fraelsi

My new ride, Fraelsi
Fraelsi means Freedom in Farose

Monday, June 28, 2010

Chasing Paperwork

Today started out good, Ben and I shipped a box to son Jake, somewhere with a bunch of other Marines on a nameless ship in a nameless location and then did breakfast at McDonalds. I had a real Phone Call from that Jake which was a huge suprise and so got to tell him a box was on it's way.
An errend for a friend and then off to Springfield about the supplimental income insurance I took out in December and did NOT know would pay me while I am off work with this accident. It's something I took out in December 2009 because I was worried about being out of work Sick...and never thought about after.
The policy came after the accident happened, got shuffled around until it ended up in the doll clothes patterns I was playing with the days before the accident. And they have an office in appointment there and then off to gather medical records from the first hospital stay and the 2 out-patient surgeries. And sort through the papers, and the insurance office in Springfield will get the paperwork off to the main office..and maybe in a reasonable time I will see the first check and hopefully it will be for the 3 hospital/out-patient trips and all the weeks of weekly income it's supposed to pay..
But that is done for now, and I can hope to spend a couple quiet days at home and not be on my feet so much. And work on doll outfits, and weeds in the garden and some of those other silly things I do with my hours.
I'm not sleeping very well but think most of that is this foot and staples project. It is healing and I have 1 more week to 'tough it out' and I am able to be up and walking more and using the cane far less...
So, a good and informative day and hopefully I will soon have a healthy insurance check and can get that air cond. in my old truck working.
The sounds I am hearing outside make me think we will be getting more of that rain stuff..well, everything I planted out front this spring is really thriving with all this rain. I have only watered it 2 or 3 times since planting.
Some new fabrics to wash and dry and maybe I will get Julie's sewing machine working for her so we both can sew. I really need to get some things done and then get photos taken and put them in a 'for sale' album at the on line doll groups I am in. I might actually get something sold!

1 comment:

BB said...

Hi Maggie, thanks for your comment on my blog. Hang in there babe. Hope your ankle feels better soon.

schöne grüssen aus Berlin