My new ride, Fraelsi

My new ride, Fraelsi
Fraelsi means Freedom in Farose

Monday, June 14, 2010

Good Weekend

I had a good weekend, Ben went to spend time with his gal pal so I had the place to myself. Did some more work on the battle with weeds and grass in my garden, did a bit of movie watching and knitting and did some sewing. And even found time to take photos of some of my dolls in my front border. The dolls are all by Kish & Company and the girls are all wearing dresses from Bernadette's Closet, my label..my designs and my work...
Sunday starts with breakfast at McDonalds and then off to church in Rushville, and Sunday School, I attend the early service...
We had rain off and on, I was able to sit out on the front porch and do handwork during some of it..I am hoping someday to have a bigger porch and far more privacy than my busy city street for that sitting on the porch and watching the rain stuff.
Today my pal Julie was here to keep me company and work on sewing projects, she is learning some sewing skills and working on doll outfits for a doll I gave her several years ago. The great thing about learning to sew doll clothes is IF you mess up, not much loss in materials if you toss it out..and lots smaller when it comes to hand work, a hem turned up by hand on my skirts is far more time and work than a hem on a small doll dress...Julie is learning fast and a lot of fun to work with.
We've had enough rain for a while, I would like to get the weeds and grass cleaned up in the garden before June 21 and my next surgery on my foot. I will be back in the walker and unable to walk for several days, possibly as long as 2 weeks.
Mike and I talked on the phone, no news there, we talk every day--but he hopes to be moved out here in 4-6 weeks. I hope so, I can live with that schedule. And Ben will take me to surgery and Julie is going to ask where she works for July 6 off so she can take me for my appointment to get the staples out and then we can do the 'girls in town' fun.
And I found paperwork for some insurance I took out in December, payments come out of my checking automatically and that should pay me some for this accident, $ each time I am in the hospital, $ each outpatient surgery and $ per week I am off week. So, I have been in hospital, and have had 1 outpatient surgery, 1 coming up and have been off work because of this accident for something like 20+ weeks...the claim paperwork is being mailed to me..and I will get it filled out, all the copies of medical stuff made and it back ASAP...and hope for a big check that will hopefully go pay down some of that high interest credit debt that has built up with this accident...know I would sure feel better if I could drop some of the debt load, even if it's just a small amount.
This accident has been very hard on me, financially, emotionally as well as physically...

2 comments:

Bo... said...

I offered my emotional support which you did not take me up on. So that makes me question your sincerity but I still maintain that I have checked your blog frequently and prayed for you. So forget my offer--you evidentally are so angry with me that there's nothing I can do in the way of friendship. You are taking the "party line" in judging me negatively. Nothing I can do about that.

Maggie said...

I'm not in the need of much emotional support most of the time, and I'm not mad or angry with anyone...not even the man who caused the accident.
I'm not taking any 'party line' and I am not judging any one negatively...
What I am doing is all the garden work I can do before 6/21 and surgery so the weeds and grass don't do in my garden while I'm not able to be in the garden.
And I am getting some more insurance paperwork done, things done to ship a box to my son in the Marines.
I'm doing 'per phone' renovation and clean up advice to #1 son and his friends on the house his friends are buying and have finally gotten possession on..since I am on renovation #5, they feel I am a good resource for free 'help' but until some clean up is done they don't feel I can safely be there..
I'm working on some new designs for my label and teaching a friend to sew...