My new ride, Fraelsi

My new ride, Fraelsi
Fraelsi means Freedom in Farose

Friday, September 17, 2010

Vexing and stressing..

Between the dog's help and the cord to my earbuds tangling up, I was vexed and stressed and sweaty before I got the new wooly board together and the striped sweater on it. But I will be glad I now own a wooly board, it will sure make it easier to block/dry my hand knit sweaters, and because it stands upright, I no longer have a wet sweater lying on my bed for several days and no where to put it to dry.
Kid and I walked to the park and he ran and romped and I walked over 2 miles today, I know it's good for me, I need to drop a couple pounds, need to get in better shape, need the fresh air. I don't know if I will ever get to where I walk with ease and grace again, but I am able to walk and I walk better than I did 4 months ago, so that is progress.
Now I need to work on that red Aran, it really doesn't need much before I am doing the neck shaping and shoulders. And I know I will love wearing it, have yarn for another sweater tucked away that friend AJ sent me ages ago, have sock/fingering wt yarn ordered for another gansey styled sweater for work so I need this red one done.
It's a nice day outside, I know it will be winter and cold all too soon so I am going to enjoy the nice weather while it's here and deal with the ragweed allergy as part of enjoying fall.
So, now off to sit on the front porch or the back glider and do some Aran knitting while that dog does what ever he wants, as long as he's outside with me, he's not to be trusted in the house alone, he's not old enough to be that good.

No comments: