My new ride, Fraelsi

My new ride, Fraelsi
Fraelsi means Freedom in Farose

Thursday, August 19, 2010

I like Hospice!

Day started before 6 am with running across street to help Otto with some personal care for Don. (and back to bed when it was done) then over to start some much needed house cleaning. Hospice sent people, 3 today to get things set up and started, Beth, Fawn and Naomi, all kind, patient and considerate people. Don now has had a good bath, his pain med was brought and doses set up for Otto, and there will be someone every day, even weekends to do something, or check and also to make sure Otto is doing ok.
My tomorrow starts early with Kid to vet before 8:30 and then quick run to Springfield and back to get Kid and come home and check on my 'old guys' and see what needs done. I will be working on the neglected house work over there for days to come, a bit each day.
and I will also get my mowing done today and work a bit on my weeds in garden and flower beds. paperwork for State Farm, all that other stuff that has me busy now...
Nothing that I cannot drop and run if Otto calls, between us and Hospice, we will see that Don is able to have the best care we can give him, in his own home to die as he wants, and in his own time. There's no other gift we can give him at this time..

No comments: