My new ride, Fraelsi

My new ride, Fraelsi
Fraelsi means Freedom in Farose

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I'm Home, I'm home, I'm home

so that 'velcro' dog can now hang on my feet and legs. And Otto has his support system back, Don passed on last night and I have already talked to the paster who will do the service, he and the dr feel Monday at the soonest for me.
But the laundry Ben didn't get dry and taken over to Otto is now over there, the clean stuff that was in the basket here is folded, and what I needed is washed and folded. I had a good supper and made the phone calls I needed to, made sure I took my 2 antibiotics and mpain meds and am working on my gaterade that will help replace some of the minerals I lost.
It feels so good to be back in my little old house, despite it's problems. 3 nights at the hospital was a long time for me. I will say I was well cared for and actually slept well. And the hospital tv had HGTV which I don't have a home. I had a nice room mate who had emergency gall bladder surgery and was ouching too. She also is diabetic and can go home tomorrow if all her counts are right.
Now I will help Otto with setting up Don's funneral, and making all those calls we make once the day and time are set. And with desposing of Don and Barb's meds, yes, almost 3 years later, her perscription meds are still in the house. Otto didn't know what should be done with them.
We will work a bit with some cleaning, we will do small things that won't be over my weight lifting limits, or tire me out.
The chilies here need picked again, and the new doll outfit needs photoed so I can put it up for sale, I still need to do the 'on line' bill paying I do, kitchen floor needs mopped and the dishes need done.
All the pieces of my 'normal' life that really matter to me, the people, the things, the routine chores that make my small world here. I am so blessed, I am so fortunate, it is not a perfect life but it works so very well for me.

4 comments:

Cindy/KS said...

Sorry about your friend, but know you all feel better for letting him go where he wanted in the end. As for the meds, try talking to a pharmacist - I think they will take them for disposal. Hope you continue improving as well!

Sherrie Jo said...

oh lady I was just checking in and getting caught up:( big big hugs to you ..

Sherrie Jo

danielle said...

My condolences for your loss...and Otto's loss....but how wonderful that you could get Don home for his last days. I am sure that meant a lot to him. Now be sure to take care of yourself as you recover! and by the way, while you are re-caning your beautiful rocker - can you re-cane the one I gave to my daughter??? JK of course!

Maggie said...

Danielle, sure can do your chair, just bring it over. I need some 'sit and stay busy' things to do while I recover from the appendix surgery, and try to get foot healed enough to be released back to work from the car accident.
Me wants to be working on the weeds in the garden area and me knows how bad foot hates that 'entertainment'