My new ride, Fraelsi

My new ride, Fraelsi
Fraelsi means Freedom in Farose

Monday, October 25, 2010

Too many chores yet to do here

But I did wash the dishes and I might actually work on putting away my clean clothes today before I head to work. The garden clean up will wait a bit, the shovel I need is across town where Ben is helping with water line replacement from the new city meter into the house, lots of hard digging I am so glad I am not helping with.
Work is going ok, I come home miserable with pain often and beat tired but I think slowly I am gaining strength and feel in time I will have less pain most shifts. I am so very glad to be back at work and feel I am starting to get my life back into some sort of real world, real life living once again.
It's warm here for this time of year and we've not seen much rain, the roof is glad of that as are the farmers as they get the last of the corn and soybeans out of the fields. I look forward to this time next year and know I should be living with a roof that no longer leaks and a working plan for the continuing renovations here.
The knitting is going slowly, I really need to finish up the current pair of Jake socks I have going and get the pair for Julie cast on. I am seeing very slow progress on the blue work gansey but it's not because I am not knitting on it, it's a very slow knit, easy pattern but fine yarn, small gauge needles so it doesn't grow fast, something like 10-11 rows to make an inch. I am going to like it and enjoy wearing it once I do finally get it done but it's going to take a long while. I might be wearing it by the new year but no bets on that.
Wonder how the car hauling has been going and hope it's going well, that loads are there and that the truck and trailer are holding up well.
I know that now, at this time in my life, I have a lot to deal with, this accident has made a mess of my life and also made a mess of 'me' in ways. I have to get a lot of that sorted out before I can deal with much when it comes to other people and relationships with them. And I do not have the energy to spend time, quality time with much of anyone now that I am working.
I do hope that as the months go by I find myself with less pain and more energy and wanting and able to enjoy my days off. It takes time, I am not able to bounce back easily, some is the age of my body, some is the damage to my foot and leg, some is the long recovery time.
But I am making it through each work shift, I am doing my work load each shift and that is what I need to be doing. And I am getting back on track with a budget and with knowing what needs paid which week once again. It will take some time before I have all the medical bills cleared up, the ones from the accident will or should clear up with the settlement but the ones from the appendix are not even here yet so I have no idea what of that I will owe.
Looking at the income tax stuff too, did increase my state withholding as know it was not taken out of the disability pay so want to make sure that is covered so I don't have to dig up money when I file income taxes. I should do ok with federal this year, have not paid a lot in but did not earn a lot and won't by the end of the year.
It will take me a while to get everything sorted out, but at least I have funds going every week into savings now, that feels good. It won't build up fast but at least it's building once again.
And I am cleaning out clothes I don't wear and will replace some with what I will wear, no more tight jeans for me, gained a couple pounds, might loose some of that but am not too worried as I am still under 130 and that is ok for my frame/age. Comfort is the rule now, and what suits me, what I like, out with some things and look to replace some things in time.

No comments: